As a Christian School, our desire is to provide education and instruction to help students grow in every area of their lives, which would include the following:
- Spiritual: FCA uses a Biblical curriculum that supports the application of Biblical truths in academic content and methods, as well as disciple students to be able to apply and demonstrate their faith. Our goal is for every student to leave FCA able and willing to fulfill the calling that God has placed upon their life, no matter what that calling is for them.
- Intellectual: We strive for students to have an appropriate grade level knowledge and understanding of material that can be demonstrated and validated through testing and daily application.
- Moral: We believe in teaching and training the students of FCA to be good citizens. Character building, integrity, manners, respect for authority, and others, are just a few of the beliefs and expectations our students learn every day. These principles are based on the foundation of our statement of belief and the expectation of excellence and integrity in the meeting of program requirements.
To meet these goals, we have chosen to use the A Beka Book curriculum. A Beka Book has provided high quality, academically challenging, and Biblically based curriculums to Christian schools for many decades. Christian schools all over the country, and in many foreign countries, use A Beka Book curriculum to ensure that their students are receiving the best education available. Many families wonder how this lines up with new Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for education: A Beka Book meets or exceeds all CCSS standards in every area, except issues that we would not Biblically agree with the Common Core standards. At a time when curriculum has regressed in many school systems, FCA works to maintain high academic standards for our students with our choice of curriculum.
ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION
A student is admitted to Faith Christian Academy on the basis of the parents’ desire for a Christian education for their child, as well as the child’s desire to be a part of our school. In an effort to strive to maintain the integrity of our school, as well as to uphold the Biblical values and principles on which our school was founded, each potential family must go through the following registration procedures:
1. Interview with the principal, student(s), and the parents of the potential student(s)
2. Application completed and received along with the application fee/registration fee
3. Original “certified copy” of child(ren)’s birth certificate received
4. Health form completed with all vaccinations required by the Department of Health and Human Resources
5. Transfer of all academic records from previous school(s)
6. Signed Parent / Student Agreement page of Handbook
7. Tuition Contract completed and signed
8. Verification of membership at a church of like faith
Upon completion of the above steps, a student is accepted on a probationary period to ensure that they are capable of maintaining academic excellence, as well as possessing the proper attitude and Christian behavior required by all the students at FCA.
For more information regarding our application or registration process, please contact the school office.